Tuesday, May 2, 2006

The Giggle Stick

How many out there have ever seen and or played with a giggle stick? Well it's a toy that is shaped like a baton, about 8 inches long and makes funny noises when you tip it from side to side. Anyway, I was in a store the other day with my 19 year old son. While we were going down an isle where they sell party items he came across a box of them. He picked one up and got such a kick out of it that he just had to take one home with him. It wouldn't have been so bad except I wasn't done looking around and so for the remainder of the time in the store and all the way home I got to listen to that thing. You know, if you listen to that long enough eventually it makes you at least smile. Now that we are home things have settled down some but every now and then I'll hear the strange sounds of that stick coming from down the hall. They say we never really grow up and I think this is a good example of that.

No comments: