Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Flat out of air

I sleep on an air mattress, one like you would get if you went camping. A few weeks ago while I was sleeping I had several dreams in which I was sinking or my mattress was deflating. I finally did wake up only to find that indeed I had lost air in my mattress. It was around 2:00am so I decided to just deal with it and go back to sleep. I woke again around 4:00am to find I had a flat mattress; there was just hardly any air in it at all. So I got up and filled it with air. While I am filling it my son wakes up and says, "Mom, are you alright?" I said, "I lost my air, my mattress is flat." He just laughed and said, "I sleep on no air just fine." You see he sleeps on a regular mattress. I just could not get upset because I knew if it had been him instead of me I would have made some wise crack too.

It finally came 5:00am and I was out of air again so I just got up. I decided that if I couldn’t find and fix the leak I’d just get a new one. We filled it up as tight as we could get it and while I was laying on it I felt a cold stream of air hitting me in the face; I found and captured the leak and I am sleeping much better now. I did get a mattress pad for it hoping that will be an added protection for it. I have no idea how a little pin hole got where it did but it did make for something to laugh about later.

No comments: