Saturday, December 14, 2013

Be Always Aware That There is Always Something to Learn

These are some thoughts that came to me concerning an individual and a situation I was in concerning them. I find that often times when I am put in a difficult place with someone or concerning someone that I often learn something. It usually comes with great pain so I am always thankful for being able to learn something from it. This actually came to me September 7th, it’s just taken awhile to get it posted.

When I think I know more than I do, that is when I have become blinded and then I get into trouble. And when it catches up to me and I don’t humble myself I will get  angry and defensive and even come against the one who was used to bring my ignorance to my attention. If I keep a right attitude when confronted, it is an opportunity for me to learn, not only about what I did wrong but also myself. The only real reason I got mad anyway was because my pride was hurt, and this whole thing led to showing me that so I could get rid of it and ultimately become better at what I do and also become a better person. It also led to showing me things I didn’t know that I needed to know.

I need to live in a state of continual learning, always being aware that no matter how much I may know, I know nothing compared to what there is to know about any particular thing; that there is always so much more to learn. If I get that into my head then when I do mess up I’ll be grateful for the correction when it comes and I’ll see that there was something I desperately needed to learn and know; and I will see the person who came to me in the first place as simply an instrument to open my eyes, and I will be thankful.

No comments: