Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Love

How can one grow up with Love, real Love, and know not love?

Could it be that they soak it all in through the years, and eventually become a lover of themselves?

Love was meant to be shared and given to others, not to be kept to ones own self; but first, one must truly love God before this can happen. We can only love when we have His Love inside our hearts.

Let us pray and ask the Lord to replace our selfish love for His selfless love.

1 Corinthians Chapter13: (Taken from the Lamsa Bible)

¶ Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not love in my heart, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not love in my heart, I am nothing.

And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not love in my heart, I gain nothing.

¶ Love is long-suffering, and  kind; love does not envy; love does not make a vain display of  itself, and does not boast,

Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeks not her own, is not  provoked, thinks no evil;

Rejoices not over iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;

Bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

¶ Love never fails: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is imperfect shall come to an end.

When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

For now we see through a mirror, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these three is love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a good post...now if it would just become as much a part of us as we have become a part of our own "self". I am finding that "LOVE" as in the Love of Christ is not found much among the brothers and sisters of the christian family. I find more acceptance and friendship coming from the outsider than the insider. The ladies I work with are not Christian ladies, the are "definately" of this world but I find a respect and a friendship that I have yet to find among most of the beleiver that have crossed my path. For the most part the Christian family as given me a cold shoulder or rejected me. Isn't this a sad truth? As the LORD has instructed me many times, Word can come but the action is a complete different walk. James 1: 22. Many times God has opened my eyes to see truth but yet I still had to let HIM work that TRUTH within me. LOVE as God LOVES is a wonderful desire, a wonderful place to abide, but yet as you have made so clear in your post....not many has obtained this kind of LOVE....are we not thankful for the LORD's Mercy and Grace? Bless you Amy