Tuesday, March 8, 2005

Fine - The Real Meaning

I was reading the post on "FINE" to my mom, she's not able to see my site so I read her what I post. I spoke with her a few days later and she asked me what dictionary I was using to get my definition for the word "fine". The definition in her dictionary didn't say anything about what I had told her. I explained that what I had said, was a play on words thing, kind of like the WWJD thing that was going around, not a definition. I re-read her what I had written and she then got it. It was really funny. I had a hard time believing that she actually thought that was a definition for the word.

I went to my dictionary and thought I would go ahead and put a few of the meanings of the word "fine".
small, thin, minute; subtil, tenuous; thin, smoothly sharp; not coarse; clean, pure; refined; nice, delicate; subtil, sly, fraudulent; elegant, beautiful in thought; accomplished; excellent, superior, brilliant or acute, amiable, noble; showy, splendid, elegant.
There is much more to this word but I just wanted to give you some idea of what it really means to be fine. It does not really mean you are Freaked Out, Insecure, Neurotic, and Emotional. For more of what I wrote, look for my post on FINE.

It is amazing to me the many definitions to this word. I enjoy looking up words in the dictionary, it's amazing how many words I really don't know the full meaning of.

No comments: