Thursday, January 6, 2005

The power of suggestion

Today I just planned on staying home where it is nice and warm, compared to the 22 degrees outside, when my son asks me how a fillet of fish sounded. I knew something was up. I said that it didn't sound that bad and then inquired as to why he would ask that. He had been chatting with his friend online and she had just finished her lunch and said she had McDonalds hamburger and fries. This of course made him hungry for a Big Mac and fries so we had to go out. This on one side was not a surprise to me because there was another time he chatted with her and she was making chocolate chip cookies and the next thing I know I'm in the kitchen making some.

Now I know that I don't have to do these things but I do love him very much and as I don't have a busy schedule to keep things like this are not a real problem. I just wish he would make sure he has eaten before chatting online with people.

No comments: